Aer Lingus Airline Flight Cancellation and Refund Policy
Aer Lingus Airline is the second largest of Ireland and also the flag carrier. The airline was founded by the government however it was privatized between 2006 and 2015 and it is now owned by International Airlines Group. The airline is the former member of the One World airline alliance and it is not now as they left on 31st March 2007. The frequent flyer program run by the airlines is AerClub/Avios. They have the headquarter is on the grounds of Dublin Airport in Cloghran.
Aer Lingus Airline Cancellation & Refund Policy
As we know that we all love to plan our moves however things do not go as we accept them to go at times hence we though you have made the reservation and due to any uneven circumstance if we want to cancel the reservation one can do the same and it becomes equally important that we are aware of the policy.
Cancellation Policy in regards to booking
Booking through Online:-
- In the case of the reservation is done on our official website, then one can look for the refund by filling the Refund Form and if one is eligible for the refund then the same will be refunded in the way the original payment was made within 7 days and one will also get the notification on the email.
- In case you are flying from/to the United States one can cancel and get the refund in full within 24 hours of booking and one has to be sure that booking is made at least 7 days in advance of the departure and to process the request please fill the form.
- Cancellation or changes should be made up to 2 hours before the departure of the flight and if one does beyond that time then the money paid for (except Government tax) is given up and in case the flight does not take off a refund of Government tax is allowed and one should fill the form within 1 month from the time the ticket is purchased and one will get the refund in the original form within 7 days and one will get the notification on the email.
- Cancellation policy depends on the type of fare and the refund will also subject to an administration fee
Bookings through third party:-
Where the reservation is done with the help of travel agent, online agency or even through another airline in this situation one has to cancel the reservation by reaching the concerned person through whom the booking is done
Cancellation due to Bereavement
- In case of the death of someone in the immediate family, one can look for the cancellation and can fill the refund form and you will also be required to attach the death certificate and then the refund will be applied in the original way the payment was made.
- If one is looking for the return flight in case of the death in the immediate family one can call the airlines and the assistance will be provided for the same.
Immediate family:- Spouse, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, father-in Law, mother –in law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, aunts and uncles
Cancellation due to Duplicate booking
- Due to some error if the reservation is done twice one will be required to notify us within 24 hours and the last booking will be refunded however the traveler name and itinerary should be identical.
Cancellation by the Airlines
- If one has done the reservation on the official website and there is a delay in the flight from the airline's end or the flight has been cancelled altogether one can look for the options of rebooking.
- In case of the scheduled change by the airline, there is a chance that you miss the connecting flight you can look for the full refund or the rules of the fare purchased will apply.
Cancellation depending on the fare type
- Saver or Smart Saver – the tickets are non-refundable also the administration fee, seat fee, baggage as well the meal fee are non-refundable.
- Advantage, AerSpace or Flex Fare – one can get the complete refund provided that the cancelation is done up to 2 hours before the departure of the flight. You need to know that if the ticket was originally booked nonrefundable and later it was changed one will only get the fare difference as a refund.
- Business Fare- complete fare less than 15%and including all unused government taxes will be applicable if the refund is done before the departure of the flight.
- Business Flex Fare – one will be able to get a complete refund if the cancellation is done before the departure of the flight and if the ticket was booked originally as non-refundable and later changed then one will get the refund only of the difference in the amount.
How to cancel Aer Lingus Airline flight tickets?
One can get the cancellation done by filling the Refund Request Form. Once you will submit the form the booking cannot be restored. Fares and Fess that has been paid already for the services will not be refunded however some important points to be considered as:-
- Infants and children cannot be left as for cancellation.
- One can look for a refund if the ticket was purchased with the airlines directly however if the ticket was purchased through a third party please get in touch with the concerned team.
- The refund will be only given in the form the original payment was made within 7-10 business days.
- As discussed above the refund will depend on the fare type and if required one will have to pay the refund fee.
In the form the person will be required to enter the details as Contact information – Title, first name, Family name, Email address, Select Country, Telephone number, AerClub Tier then Flight Information as Flight number, Flight Date, Booking Reference, Select the Type of Refund Request and then Submit.
NOTE:- If you are looking for more information you can reach out to the Airlines Customer Service number.