Kenya Airways Cancellation Policy | 24 Hours Refund Policy
Kenya Airways is the flag carrier airline of Kenya, initially, it was owned by the Government of Kenya till April 1995 and then got privatized in 1996. The airline is a member of Sky Team and also a member of the African Airlines Association since 1977. If you want to fly with the airlines one has to get the reservation done by going on the web page or by calling the reservation number. The airline's headquarter is at Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya and the airlines also run frequent flyer programs by the name of Flying Blue.
Although we plan the trip in advance however there can be needed to cancel the reservation and the same can be done if one is aware of the Kenya Airways Cancellation and Change Policy which is laid as below:
Kenya Airways Cancellation Policy
o If you have bought a refundable ticket, and in case of the cancellation money will be refunded in the original form.
o If you have bought a non-refundable ticket, then you will be required to pay the cancellation charges.
o If the cancellation takes place 60 days prior to the scheduled departure one might not be required to pay the cancellation fee.
o If the cancellation takes place after the 60 days, one will be required to pay the cancellation fee which will be mentioned in the itinerary.
Kenya Airways Refund Policy and How to Get the Refund
- In case the if the reservation is done on the website one can fill the refund through Manage My Booking.
- In case if the ticket was bout for the ticketing office or even by calling the reservation team then one will be required to visit any of the sales offices or call the reservation team in order to get the cancellation done and process the refund.
- If the reservation was done through a travel agent, then it is advisable to get in touch with the agent.
- The refund will be credited back in the original form the payment was made while doing the reservation.
- The refund will be processed within 14 business days.
- All refund request is` subjected to the rules of the ticketed fare and fees or penalties, may be applicable to your refund.
- Airlines can also give refunds in the form of vouchers in case of any given situation.
How to cancel airlines ticket Online
- One needs to go on the official page and then from the listed option select Manage Booking
- In the given field enter the details as Last name, Booking Reference Number or E-Ticket Number and click on continue
- Now tap on cancel and refund and the cancelation will be done
- In case the reservation is done through a travel agent, please get in touch with the agent in order to get the cancelation done.
Kenya Airways Cancellation Fee
- The cancellation fee is 25%-100% depending on the travel class.
- A fee of $75 id charged if the cancellation is done 60 days before the departure of the flight.
- In case if you are holding the ticket $100 then a fee of $75 is charged for each passenger.
- If one is holding a ticket between the fare of $100-$149 then you will be charged $100
- In case the ticket is above $150 then cancellation of $150 will be charged.